VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
Guilin rice noodle is a traditional snack of the Han nationality (China's main nationality) with long history. Due to its unique flavor, it is very popular among locals as well as people who come to visit Guilin. Nowadays because of installing machines to replace manual labor, rice noodle can be produced in great amount every early morning, so it becomes cheap and serves as breakfast for most Guilin people in the morning.
Beyond the green mountains and clear waters, Guilin is all about food. I'v been living in Guilin since my birth and the more I'm here, the more I fall in love with Guilin. Growing up in this small but lively city, I was used to being surrounded by rich and spicy flavors and fed with a constant stream of Guilin Noodles, rice, and Li River fishes. Although Guilin Rice Noodles has been widely spread to everywhere of the country, only in Guilin that you can get the absolute taste.
If you come to Guilin, you should not miss one thing: to taste Guilin Mifan Guilin Rice Noodle. It is mostly served in those small places which remind me of garages, and which do not look very clean for western standards. The price is very low, usually it costs 2,50RMB. Then you get a metal bowl with typical rice noodle. They have the same appearance as Spaghetti, but are brighter. The cook will ask you for the style you want to have it: with Jiurou (Beef), Zhurou (Pig) or sometimes even horsemeat (Marou). You will get some thin slices of this meat on top of your noodles. Then two different sauces and fried peanuts are added. When you receive the noodles, you can add chili, green beans, beet and chives....
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari