VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
People call her Xiangtama, it means Xiang’s mother. Xiang is her second son. Xiangtama is from the same village where I started as a Zhiqing (Educated Youth) during the time of Cultural Revolution (1966-1976). She is about 5 or 6 years younger than me. She was just a little girl when I was there. Her parents have only two daughters, she and her young sister.
October marks the harvest time of paddy rice in Guilin; it is also the golden season for our hiking lovers. Recently, I joined a hiking trip organized by a Hiking Club and had the opportunity to admire the idyllic scenery of Huixian County (会仙乡) in Lingui (临桂), a part of Guilin. Azure sky, golden waves of rice paddies, and simple folk customs, left us very good memories.
Yesterday our company was invited to visit the Chuanshan Park which I’ve long heard of yet never been to. As a member of VisitOurChina, I had the opportunity to have an intimate contact with its intoxicating scenery and marvel at its natural and cultural wonders.
People in Guilin used a lot of bamboo products in old time. Housewife carried bamboo for shopping in the market everyday, children played bamboo toys in the street, like water gun, catapult and bow. Also most furniture was made of bamboo for the family. I still remember parents moved bamboo bed to the outside in hot summer night. How nice, we sleep on the cool bamboo bed to watch the sky and count stars. Even the pillow and mattress were made of bamboo. You know, summer is hot and long in Guilin, because it’s located in the subtropical region. People used bamboo furniture to make you cool off in summer.
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari