VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
After seriously injuring my knee while playing soccer in a university competition in early May and said knee not showing any sign of healing I had to go to Hong Kong to seek expert medical attention, after finding the standard of medical treatment in Guilin somewhere short of satisfactory. It's been a long time since I've visited Hong Kong and this time it left me with a striking impression. ...
July 22, 2010 Thursday
I received the notice to investigate the Guilin Landscape Golf Resort during my working in the morning. After a short preparation I started the field trip.
5. C++Address: No. 26, Lijiang Road (Building No. 1, behind the Nancheng Department Store)This strictly speaking is not a restaurant because it doesn't sell food, but is one of the most amazing places you could visit in Guilin. The owner from Taiwan has perfected the art of making drinks and deserts; he personally makes all the drinks himself not using powder but hand-making everything personally. Despite its small, hard-to-find location it's always packed and has earned a reputation. Though the drinks there are noticeably more expensive than your average caf (10-15 Yuan) they are more than worth it. Everything there is amazing, but particularly the green tea milk-shake and the mango pudding, defiantly worth a try....
The great-wall is a must for every traveller heading to Beijing, it is truly both awe-inspiring and culturally enriching experience, but if you have already been to the world-renowned Badaling Great Wall and are searching for somewhere more untamed and commercialised why not try the sections of the Great Wall at Simatai? ...
One of the most enriching travelling experiences I have ever had was on an island little known to foreign tourists located in Zhejiang Province in eastern China. The island is called Putuo Shan. The island itself is located about an hour by boat from the small sea-side town of Ningbo (宁波)(itself too worth a visit!) and around eight to nine hours from Shanghai for those of you who enjoy longer boat rides!
There's undoubtedly A LOT to do around Guilin, one activity I may suggest for those of you who have seen your fair share of mountains and gardens is white-water rafting, or as the Chinese weirdly translate it 'driftage'. There are several white water sites spread throughout Guilin and its 12 satellite cities but the one that is generally regarded as being the most worthwhile is located in the tourist centre of Yangshuo, Long Jing He （龙颈河）.
Entering June, it's possible to imagine a deep blue sky and plateaus covered in tall grass blowing in the wind, this is one of the most special and most untouched parts of China. One wishes that they could awake amongst the grand and looming mountains amidst a field of lush grass next to a river. Let's go to the beautiful western China! ...
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari