VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
Charlie's China Tour—Arrive Hong Kong
We now have been in flight for about 14 hours. The interior lights have once again been turned on and we are about to be served breakfast, 5 PM, China time.
I believe I slept a little on the flight. I also watched a couple of movies. The plane landed in Hong Kong at 6 PM. Jay and I are both tired yet energized. After going through passport control, security checks, and customs, we retrieved our luggage, found the Vigor desk to get our bus transfer to our hotel. On what seemed like a bus ride that wouldn't end we arrived at our hotel at 8:45 PM. That would be 7:45 AM, Minnesota time.
A very nice hotel with a very small room for us. Very adequate. I hope to be asleep by 10 PM. The ride from the airport to our hotel was an interesting and eye-opening one. Tall, well lit apartment buildings. TALL!! I texted Valerie. It's time for bed. Hopefully sleep will soon follow. It's good to be in Hong Kong once again.
I was previously here in 1996. Here's some photo 10 years ago.
Jay giving chopsticks lessons
Myself with longtime friends from Beijing, Lucy and Sabrina. I've been friends with Ally, Helen, Lucy, and Sabrina since 1996 when I first met them. I didn't see them on this adventure as we didn't visit Beijing.
To be continue...
--by Charlie Kath (customer of Visit Our China)
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari