VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
A Bite of China – Our Plateau and Highland Barley
At the same time, it is the time to brew Barley Wine. Choice barley grains are cleaned and soaked overnight, and then boiled with water for two hours. Boiled grains are then be air-dried and mixed with yeast in a sealed jay for fermentation. As long as the temperature is enough high, it turns to wine within one or two days. Sweet and refreshing, barley wine is the favorite of Tibetan. It is the best beverage for Tibetan entertaining guests.
Tibetan food is as simple and natural as all other things on Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. Its simplicity has won it a share in some even remote metropolis. Annual crop harvest usually starts at the beginning of August. Cold highland climate make its ripening nearly two months later than other wheat crops in China. Autumn is also the rainy season of Tibet. No matter whose barley is ripened, his neighbors will come to help so that grains can be harvested and dried on clear days. Well-bundled barley crops are stacked on the grassland, at the back of which is the snowy Himalaya rising into clouds to hold up the sky. Those laborers closest to the sky could hardly imagine how people in densely populated metropolis feel the nature.
---By Sunny (VisitOurChina)
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari