VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
Sheraton Guilin Hotel, one of the best 5-star hotels in Guilin, is the hotel we always recommend this hotel to our clients, and I myself have also been there for meals for several times. The hotel is located on the bank of the Li River in the heart of the enchanting city of Guilin, and different restaurants in the hotel provide different tastes of food.
I think everyone wants to take a real Eat Pray Love adventure across the world and finally probably would find themselves are the final destination just like the woman in this movie. I always puzzle for the reason why this movie is so inspiring, surely it not just simply tells a journey story that a woman spent a year searching for everything taking her to eat, pray and love and meantime give us, the audience so many ideas about amazing different recommendations of where to eat, pray and love around the world, just like a commentator said that, this movie brings us that feeling of wanting to let go, self indulge and take the time to really figure out, who am I? Sorry, in this case, Eat Pray Love is really a philosophic course that I definitely can't handle, as a travel advisor, all I can do for you is to share with you some good experience, and here is the one about Eat.
5. C++Address: No. 26, Lijiang Road (Building No. 1, behind the Nancheng Department Store)This strictly speaking is not a restaurant because it doesn't sell food, but is one of the most amazing places you could visit in Guilin. The owner from Taiwan has perfected the art of making drinks and deserts; he personally makes all the drinks himself not using powder but hand-making everything personally. Despite its small, hard-to-find location it's always packed and has earned a reputation. Though the drinks there are noticeably more expensive than your average caf (10-15 Yuan) they are more than worth it. Everything there is amazing, but particularly the green tea milk-shake and the mango pudding, defiantly worth a try....
If you think Guilin scenery is more natural, no more cultural or historical, there is a place which you must see. It is Daxu Ancient Town, which is located to the southwest of Guilin, on shore of the Li River. It takes about 40 minuets by driving from Guilin. So, many Guilin citizens like to diver car to enjoy weekend in this area. In the mean time, Daxu town now is a big town in Guilin area, and its market is very famous, many people just go to Daxu town on purpose during market time. But it is a little hard for me to count the date, as the market date is based on Chinese lunar calendar. P.S.: In Chinese, Xu means local market, so, Daxu means big local market, very cute name for the ancient town....
According to Chinese culture, Qingming Festival (known as Tomb Sweeping Day) is both a Chinese solar term and a festival which falls on the 105th day after the Winter solstice. It is said that Chinese traditional Qingming Festival originated...
On Sunday, I was with full of expectation and curiosity to start my trip to Haiyang town which is located in east part of Guilin area, about 40 kilometers far away from Guilin city. The regular buses between Guilin city and Haiyang town are available daily from early morning to late evening, the bus trip just takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to Haiyang, so, it is very convenient to get there. Also, the bus ticket price is very cheap, just RMB7 per way, you do not need wait too long for the bus, very frequent for the shuttle. ...
Even if I like Chinese food, I have to admit that sometimes I am tried of eating rice all the time (well, not all the time, but pretty often ;-) ). Thanks to my colleagues and my friends in Guilin I get to know more and more places where one gets western food. Of course, you can't compare it to what you are used to, but after some time it will be an apreciated change to get italian noodels or a pizza....
When I arrived in Guilin, I had close to no experience with spicy food. I just knew one thing: I did not like it a lot! And I was not prepared formostly getting spicy food in Guilin.. And the spices here are a lot stronger than what I ever had eaten before. But as I did not want to be impolite, I tried everything and ate most of the dishes that were offered. In the end I usually had the feeling that my mouth was burning and could not taste anything anymore for some time. But I am getting used to it and after four weeks here I have to admit that I start to like it. :-) As a tip for tourists who get very spicy food by bad luck: Use the tea, put some in your cup and wash the fish, vegetables or meat in it before eating. This is accepted by Chinese people and allows you to get to know the good traditionalfood! :-)...
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari