Yuanyang in brief
Yuan Yang is located in Southern Yunnan Province and is a county comprised of several hundred small villages with the small provincial town of Nansha as its centre, the construction of a small airport in the last two years has opened up this previously hidden pocket of Yunnan to both domestic and foreign tourists to explore its natural beauty and unique culture.
Yuan Yang is famous for its agricultural cultivation with large rice terraces similar to those of Longsheng in Guangxi covering the landscape, Yuan Yang county is also the main exporter of fruit in Yunnan and also produces gold. In the last two years tourism in Yuan Yang County has increased by over 40% making it one of the fastest growing tourist regions in China.
Yuan Yang County is steep and mountainous with the topography lending itself perfectly to the terraced rice paddies that have made this region increasingly iconic on the Chinese tourist landscape, however the challenging terrain has made access to this region difficult with no rail link, limited road access, it is only with the recent construction of a domestic airport has travel to Yuan Yang become more practical.
Hot Tours 2018
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour