Located on the east of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau with an average elevation of 2275 meters, Xining’s climate is determined by the altitude. It has a continental plateau semi-arid climate featuring great temperature difference between day and night. Wherever you go, you may find it is cold and arid, and the sun is burning during the day. However, summer is delightful with temperature normally under 20℃. The annual average temperature is around 6℃. The lowest temperature of winter usually is -9℃. So, the best season to visit Xining is in summer (July-September).
Tourist may have altitude reaction such as asthma, accelerated heartbeat, dizziness, insomnia. And because of dry air, it is better to bring with you sunglass and sun cream.
Hot Tours 2017
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour