Everst Café is located on the main street slightly east of Tara Guesthouse and has ok western food, even cheese pizza if you need one.
Snowland Restaurant is located on the second floor across the street from the Tara guesthouse. This is a great place to grab a bite to eat with some interesting Tibetan western fusion. Try the Yak burgers or the steamed Yak milk tea (ask for it sweet if you don't like salty drinks). And if you haven't tried tsampa yet this might be the place to do it. Remember the staircase to the restaurant is around the corner.
Being a pretty small town the best option for drinking is in the restaurants.
Hot Tours 2016
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour