Near the Qingtong Gorge in Wuzhong of Ningxia Province, there is a massive construction of 108 pagodas resting off a major cliff face. Constructed in Western Xia Dynasty (1038-1227), this bizarre and unique sight has a strange but undeniable beauty.
Each row of the pagodas built perfectly into the cliff-face move were built over times in single rows, the final structure sits in odd rows of 1,3,3,5,5,7,7..etc that serve to form a triangular shape, the whole collection of pagodas is supported by a massive buttress.
The pagodas is built out of bricks where constructed and designed by local Buddhists, with 108 representing a significant religious number in Buddhism. It is said that anyone who walks around all of the 108 pagodas will have eternal luck.
Top attractions in Wuzhong
Hot Tours 2019
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771