More About Chinese New Year
Spring Festival Tours 2014
5 Days Memorable Guilin Spring Festival Tour
(Be on time to celebrate Spring Festival with locals.)
Tour Code: CSF-04
Date: Chinese New Year usually falls in the months of January and February. In 2014 Spring Festival begins on January 31st and lasts for 15 days, until Lantern Festival on Friday, February 14th . It is recommended to do the Spring Festival tour between about January 21st and February 14th so that you can see how Chinese make preparation and celebrate this biggest traditional festival.
Tour Type: Chinese New Year Tour with private tour guide and vehicle
Tour Destination: Guilin
Tour Overview: Guilin is famous all over the world and boasts with "the best landscapes under the heaven". The charming of Guilin lies in its characteristic krast landform with graceful hills, marvelous caves, beautiful waters and picturesque paddy fields and their hardworking and friendly possessors live along the banks of the Li River. During the Spring Festival, visitors can enjoy both the scenery beauties and the festive Chinese New Year with locals, which would be a memorable experience lingering in your mind all the time.
Special Experience: The most important and traditional festival for 1.3 billion Chinese people; mouth-watering special spring festival food to taste everywhere; appreciate Chinese traditional celebration for the biggest festival.
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1 Arrive in Guilin
Transfer via: International/Domestic Flight on your own arrangement
Upon your arrival, our local guide will meet you and escort you to your hotel. Then you will spend the rest of the day exploring the nearby streets, or resting and catching up on your jet lag. Guilin, famous all over the world for its landscapes "the best under heaven", is a beautiful scenic city lying in Northeast Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, South China.
Day 2 Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin (B, L)
Sightseeing: Li River Cruise, West Street
Guilin is famous for its picturesque scenery, and the best way to see it is from the deck of Li River Cruise ships. In the morning you will depart from your hotel and be transferred to the Zhujiang Pier (about 1 hour drive) for a 4.5 hours wonderful cruise. You will enjoy the unique mountains, peaceful green fields, farms and villages with water buffalos, cows wondering around on both sides of the river bank.
In the afternoon you will disembark at the old town Yangshuo. Having a history of more than 1,400 years, West Street is the oldest street in Yangshuo. You will have some time to explore the old town's lovely attractions and will be transferred back to Guilin city in the evening.
Day 3 Guilin (Spring Festival's Eve) (B, L, D)
Sightseeing: Elephant Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave, Seven Star Park, Fubo Hill
Unique Arrangement: Stay with a local family and learn how to make dumplings, have the united dinner for the Spring Festival's Eve.
In the morning you will visit Elephant Trunk Hill. Located at the conjunction of the Li River & the Peach Blossom River, the whole hill looks very much like a giant elephant with a long trunk drinking out of the river; it is the symbol of Guilin city.
Then you will head to Reed Flute Cave, which is a vast and very impressive cave system, and one of the most important sights of Guilin. Known as "the Palace of Natural Arts", you can see beautiful stalactites & stalagmites and learn how they are formed.
Afterwards we will make a walk through Seven Star Park. It is one of the best urban parks in China. The park is in the east bank of Lijiang, the largest park in Guilin with the theme of rock caves.
Day 4 Guilin / Longsheng / Guilin (First day of Spring Festival) (B, L)
Sightseeing: Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces
Unique Arrangement: Take the experience with ethnic minorities to celebrate Spring Festival, learn their special customs.
This morning, we will drive to Longsheng County which is featured with rich and elegant folk customs. We will take the country road and arrive at Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces which have been called "an absolute one under the heaven and the first one in the world". The magnificent terraces look like silver belt in sprit, green wave in summer, golden tower in fall and dragon plays in water in winter.
Then we walk towards Yao and Zhuang Ethnic Village. You will experience the village of Red Yao people's community, which is surrounded by beautiful forests.
Drive back to Guilin this afternoon.
Day 5 Depart from Guilin ( B )
Transfer via: International/Domestic Flight on your own arrangement
Today you will be free until the guide escorts you to the airport for your flight to your next destination.
Your special Chinese Spring Festival tour ends here.
|Group Size||First Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Single room supplement||$314||$235||$184|
The above price are in US dollars, for one person. Based on twin share. Price are for reference only, may vary during special holidays, conference.
VisitOurChina converts Chinese RMB to US Dollars at a rate of RMB 6.1 = US$1 for our quotations. VisitOurChina currently quotes tour prices in US Dollars on our web site to give you an idea of the tour cost and quote in RMB to you at the time when you are making bookings.
- Price includes
- A. Entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary.
- B. Meals: All meals as specified in the itinerary.
- C. Private Transfers: Among airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the above cities by the private air conditioned vehicle.
- D. Guide and Driver: As outlined in the itinerary, a well selected English-speaking guide and driver will accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- E. Hotels: Hotel Based on two persons sharing one room with twin beds. All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- F. Transportation: Domestic flights or trains as listed in the itinerary.
- G. Airport tax and the fuel fee have been charged with the flight tickets.
- H. Luggage Transfers: Between airports and hotels.
- I. Service Charge & Government Taxes.
- K. Travel insurance in mainland China during the above travel period.
- L. Arrangements: The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Price Excludes
- A. Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets.
- B. Visa Fees.
- C. Excess Baggage Charges.
- D. Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the itinerary.
- E. Meals: Any meals which are not specified with "B", "L" or "D".
- F. Single Room Supplement.
- G. Insurance coverage of personal loss, illness or damages incurred during your trip.
- H. Gratuities, Tips to Guides and Drivers.
-Or Back to-2014 Chinese New year