Shangrao in brief
Located in the northeast of Jiangxi Province, Shangrao City is an ancient city with a history of more than 1700 years, adjoining Zhejiang Province in the east, Fujian Province in the south and Anhui Province in the west. It covers a total area of 22,791 square kilometers where 6,760,000 people live. Being embraced by miraculous peaks and streams, it is endowed with a great deal of natural beauty and is hailed as "the most beautiful town in China".
Apart from being known for its wonderful countryside views, Sahngrao also draws people's attention with its great discovery in archaeology. In the archaeological site of Xianrendong in Shangrao, a large number of stone artifacts and the oldest potteries in China were found, which tell that human beings have settled in Shangrao more than 10,000 years ago; the seed rice found in Shangrao has proved that it is one of the birthplace of rice in the world; besides, some other 48 archaeological sites and 19,000 unearthed cultural objects have been discovered in Shangrao. Hence, Likeng Village and Wangkou Village of Shangrao were put on the List of National Historic and Cultural Villages due to its great contribution to archaeology.
Hot Tours 2018
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour