Kashgar is a place where delicacies assemble, such as roasted pumpkin, boiled mutton in clear soup, shish kebab, Kawas and so forth. Snacks here are exquisitely made and are rich in nutrition; moreover, they are inexpensive. Therefore, all these mouthwatering food will never disappoint you! Whenever you are on the street, you can always hear the melodious hawking shish kebab. At the sight of the wisps of light blue smoke, you will follow the scent and scurry to the vendors.
Roasted Pumpkin (烤南瓜)
Roasted pumpkin is a food of long history in Kashgar. No matter which season sets in, you can see locals roasting pumpkins. The snack in Uighur is a commonplace with a unique smell. It is made in the Nang pit which can bake pumpkin tender inside and burned outside. Thus, sometimes people would mistake it for something else!
Roast Whole Lamb (烤全羊)
Roast whole lamb is a local and distinctive dish for most minorities in Xinjiang, especially for Uighurs. Once upon a time, it used to be a dainty for officials, landlords to celebrate festivals and birthdays. In the course of their nomadic life, it has become a traditional food and now is a dish for treating honorable guests.
Hot Tours 2016
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour