Located in the low latitude area, Guilin falls within the middle subtropical monsoon climate with temperate weather, abundant rainfall, sufficient sunlight and four distinctive seasons. The annual average temperature is 18.9℃, the hottest month falls in July withan average temperature of 28℃, and the coldest month is January with an average temperature of 7.8℃. It has an average 309 frost free days, an annual rainfall volume of 1949.5mm and the dominant wind is northerly.
Generally, the best season to travel in Guilin is from April to November. And during the second half of the lunar April (usually in May and June in western calendar) is the best time for the appreciation of the marvelous Dragon’s Backbone Rice Terraces with irrigated water. Nevertheless, due to the high price and crowds in high season, it is also wise to visit Guilin in winter as the city has little snow but flowers in all seasons. Furthermore, to enjoy the snow view in the mountain areas, to join the ethnic festival celebrations in Chinese lunar January, or spend time in hot springs are all unique experiences worth a try.
Hot Tours 2017
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour