Huangpu River Cruise
Chinese name: 黄浦江游览 (Huangpu Jiang You Lan)
Feature: a cruise trip on Huangpu River for the city view of Shanghai.
Cruise routes & duration & opening time: along the Huangpu River
- From Zhongshan East 2 Road (中山东二路) to Yangpu Bridge (杨浦大桥): One-hour tour, which departs every 30 minutes from 09:30 to 21:30;
- From Zhongshan East 2 Road to Wusong Mouth (吴淞口): about three-hour tour, which departs at 14:00.
Transportation: by various types of boats
- depends on the boat and cruise time, generally,
- CNY50 for the cruise to Yangpu Bridge in the day time; CNY70 for small vessels (for 100 passengers) and CNY100 for large vessels (for 800 passengers) in the evening;
- CNY150 for the cruise to Wusong Mouth, which also provides some free drinks and snacks.
About Huangpu River & Cruise- a window of Shanghai
Huangpu River, the symbol as well as the mother river of Shanghai, is famous for a marvelous collection of the quintessence of the city scenes along the river, where the past, present and prospects for a brilliant future of Shanghai are expressed incisively. Contrasting to the very traditional river traffic of barges and ferries, sailing under the futuristic Yangpu Bridge and down the Huangpu River towards the East Sea, the views of the full sweep of the Bund (the exotic architecture museum), cityscape of Pudong (the miniature of Shanghai) as well as the typical scene "two dragons are playing with a pearl" (双龙戏珠, the Yangpu Bridge and Nanpu Bridge embraces the Oriental Pearl TV Tower in the middle) can be well enjoyed. Huangpu River Cruise is just one of the best ways to have a look both old and new Shanghai.
More about Huangpu River Cruise
The main ticket office for Huangpu River Cruise is opened daily. The excursion is a 60km round trip, northwards up Huangpu River to the junction with Yangtze River and back again along the inverse route. Departing from the Bund waterfront every 30 minutes from 9:30am to 9:30pm, cruises vary in length from one to three hours. A night Huangpu River Cruise is kindly a great appreciation for the most dramatic and splendid views of Shanghai, while this voyage does not go down river to the Yangtze. Cruise schedule usually is arranged according to the season, and additional cruises might be added on weekends sometimes. Different types of boats are provided for choice, where you may get a comfortable seat with a fine view on the top deck, as well as a small buffet with drinks and local snacks during the cruise.
As one of the largest ports in the world, the tour boat passes an enormous variety of craft freighters, bulk carriers, sculling sampans, the occasional junk and Chinese navy vessels. And it is definitely an unforgettable experience to have a Huangpu River Cruise of Shanghai.
Top attractions in Shanghai
Tours including Huangpu River Cruise
- 13 Days Picturesque and Classical Gardens China Tour from USD
- 11 Days Culture Explosion Tour from USD
- 11 Days Chinese Kungfu Experience Tour from USD
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo from USD
- 15 Days Classic China Tour with Minority exploration from USD
- 6 Days Metropolis Tour to Beijing, Shanghai from USD
Hot Tours 2013
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5831392