Popularity of Different Music in China
Broadly, there is no definite division for the music enjoyment by different people, especially in modern society. People often enjoy different kinds of music for pleasure regardless of age and background. However, different kinds of music has its own appreciation group, for example, young people prefer popular music such as pop, rock and roll and rap; middle-aged people are fond of the Chinese folk music or some popular music praising of the nation and people; while the Chinese opera or local opera are the favorite of the aged people. In each provinces and regions, there are also different kinds of popular music, such as the Northern Shaanxi folk songs, the songs of Huaguxi Drama inHunanProvince, Xinjiang music in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and the like. Most of these folk songs are sung by people national wide, but each is popular mostly with its local people.
More Topics for Chinese Culture
Far and wide known as Kungfu (功夫) all over the world, Chinese martial art is also called Wugong (武功) or Wushu (武术) at home by Chinese people. It can be seen as an art of attack and defense in which a series of skills and trick are highly emphasize...
Being a vivid Chinese cultural specialty as well as Kungfu and traditional Chinese medicine, Chinese tea has been being developed in China for a long time accompanied with which a series of tea culture took shape. Widely known in Chinese history as a...
Hot Tours 2018
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour