- Booking Code: VOC-20130525-G
- Client’s Information: Ms. Elizabeth Banos, USA
- Tour Starting Date: Saturday, 25 May 2013
- Tour Destination: Lijiang
Comment on our service from Ms. Elizabeth Banos, USA
The trip to Lijiang was very nice, we had good weather and the scenery was beautiful. I would book again with you for any upcoming tours with my daughter :) Please thank again the driver and guide for their help :)
Thanks for the follow-up email. The trip to Lijiang was very nice, we had good weather and the scenery was beautiful.
I have to say that our guide was very accommodating and patient with my daughter, she helped me a lot to enjoy the trip (even got her some treats so she would have a healthy snack during the visit). Also the driver was nice too, the car in excellent condition and clean, and drove very safely. So very happy with that.
On the things to improve:
* The meals were ok on the simple side, the first day had very good flavor and combination (vegetables, meat dish, rice) and good size. The second day they started with french fries (???) I had to return the dish and ask for qingcai (vegetables), the taste was a little too salty, portions acceptable (not a lot, not to little for 2 people). I was actually expecting more of a local flavor in my meals, but I didn't find anything different from what I can find in Beijing. I heard of some typical noodles but never were shown (also a simple fish dish would have been great). In regards to beverage they offered tea which is good for me, but for a child I was expecting something different, even if just water. This is something to be improved.
* Other suggestions for the tour would be that for people that are very interested in Chinese cousine, like me, or that enjoy it, there should be more explanation on the local treats, what they are as we are passing them on the street, or even on the market, even if I don't plan to eat there. And a taste here or there :) There is a a restaurant from that province in Beijing and I had to say that my meals (that are nice but very affordable) were much better than what I got to taste during the tour.
Overall very nice trip and I enjoyed it. These are mainly things to look after, but I would book again with you for any upcoming tours with my daughter :) Please thank again the driver and guide for their help :)
And yes, Guilin is beautiful. I have already been there before and is one place I would like to go back again :):)
Thanks for your help in organizing this in such a short notice,