- Booking Code: VOC-20121110-G
- Client’s Information: Alexia Margarita Rivera, USA
- Tour Starting Date: Saturday, 10 November 2012
- Tour Destination: Beijing, Shanghai
So sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but as soon as we came back from China, my sister and I drove to Canada and spent the holidays there. We had an amazing experience in China. We really enjoyed the culture, sights and history. We took over 2,000 photos! We were actually pretty sad when the tour was over and it was time to come back. Everything you arranged was perfect. The communication between the tour guides, drivers, and everyone went smooth. We didn't encounter any problems at all; however, there were three things that we found you can improve on and make the next visit even better.
1) Getting around the bullet train was a little bit of a hassle as you already know. No one spoke English and we didn't know where to go and which train to take. We were afraid we were gonna miss the train or get off in the wrong station. Luckily, someone looked up our tickets and let us know where to leave.
2) We understand that by the time we got to Shanghai (early in the morning) the hotel room was not ready, so we didn't have any other option than to start sightseeing the city right away. That leaves no space to rest or relax after the long train ride. I think someone mentioned it on your website before and it is true. It would be nice to arrange a hotel room at a hotel that allows the check in in the morning or early during the day, so the person can at least drop off the luggage and change clothes or rest for a couple of hours.
3) The last restaurant we visited in Beijing, (I believe during the forbidden city tour) had a lot of smokers so it was more the smoke we inhaled than the food we ate.
These were the only things we noticed. Other than that, we believe the tour was very complete and enjoyable. I like the fact that the tickets to main attractions were covered, so we didn't have to worry about that. The hotel in Shanghai was really nice. From the bathroom we could see the city. My sister and I are really excited about creating a website and marketing/promoting tourism in the United States, Latin America and China. Once we get that up and running I will let you know to see if you are interested in being part of the projet. I really hope you keep in touch and maintain the communication going as I am highly interested in coming back and visit other parts of the country.
As I already mentioned, we have tons of photos. I am gonna go through them today and send you the best.
Thank you very much for your help and making our trip an awesome experience!
Alexia and Cynthia Rivera