- Booking Code: VOC-20110601-C
- Client’s Information: PaulandJenn Montori, USA
- Tour Starting Date: Wednesday, 1 June 2011
- Tour Destination: Beijing, Xi'an, Dunhuang, Xi'an, Kunming, Dali, Diqing(Shangri-La), Lijiang, Chongqing, Yangtze Cruise, Yichang, Shanghai, Huangshan, Hangzhou, Guilin, Longsheng, Yangshuo, Hong Kong
Sorry it has taken sometime to write to you, but we have been very busy since we came home. We both had a wonderful 30 day trip with your company and wanted to thank you once again. The arrangements for the trip were just what we asked for and the extra places you included were some very nice additions. We appreciate we were not brought to any shopping places unless the guide checked with us before and we were told that it was for shopping purposes. Though some were better than others, all of the guides were good. We found the guides in Beijing (Herbert), Dunhuang (Richard), Kunming (Fang), Lijiang (Elanore), Mt. Huangshan (Libby) were all exceptional and would highly recommend that your company request the use of these guides for your clients in the future whenever possible.
We greatly appreciated the personal attention that you gave us throughout the trip by calling us and the local guides to ensure that everything was going well and your quick responses to fix any problems that arose. Upon speaking with other foreigners on similar tours in China, we believe that your company provided a much better and more personalized experience than others. We were also happy with the how the guides (at your instruction) would always give us the extra time we wanted at places we really enjoyed and were open to changing the itinerary as we needed. The 5 star hotels in Guillin (with a room with a balcony overlooking the lake) and in Yangshuo were also noticed and appreciated.
As far as recommendations for improvements in the tour
1. Have the local guides provide the evaluation form and an envelope to either mail to you or hand you the forms in the future. Many of the guides would read the forms immediately and this will make many tourists uncomfortable about providing a honest opinion if the service was unsatisfactory.
2. It may be our opinion, but I believe most western tourists would agree that going to small, safe, local restaurants with local specialties provides a much better quality and taste of food than the big restaurants that cater to foreigner tourists.
3. In Dunhuang, the camel riding that the local guide helped us arrange was much better than the riding in the tourist area around the crescent moon lake.
We chose your company out of several that we were researching because you seemed to have the best understanding of what we were looking for in China and we feel we chose wisely. It was a pleasure to meet you over dinner and thank you again for the gifts and the wonderful trip. If you need email recommendations for other clients we would be happy to provide them.
Paul and Jennifer