The food of Erdos broadly belongs to Mongolian food, with dairy, meat and grain being the main staples.
The milk of Erdos is particularly fresh and flavorsome, butter tea and milk skin pudding are among the local specialties. Herdsmen in Erdos live off a staple diet of butter milk tea, fried rice, brown sugar and the most succulent freshest lamb.
Beef and lamb are the main meats eaten in Erdos with lamb being a regional specialty, usually stewed; it can also be eaten ripe off the bone once roasted; lamb back-straps and steaks are the most common cuts.
Hot Tours 2016
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour