VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
Thursday, 16th April 2009It finally happened that I was allowed to accompany a China-traveling group, when visiting Guilin. Thursday in the afternoon I met Mr Sun, the official local tour guide. It turned out to be a German speaking Chinese, because apparently the group, consisting of 13 people, was from eastern Germany. Mr Sun was very open-minded and so we had lots of topics to talk about while sitting in the bus to the airport. ...
When I got up on Sunday, it was raining badly. This would keep me inside all day, I thought disappointed. But I was lucky: Weather in Guilin can change very soon! At 2pm the clouds had disappeared and the sun was shining warmly. So I hurried up to buy some water (especially in spring and summer I advise you to always have one with you!) and take the bus downtown. Then I walked down the whole Binjiang Road, which is build along the Li River. Protected by lots of old, big trees, the view on the river is picturesque. ...
When my friend Flo called me to tell me that he would come and visit me for the weekend, I was very excited. We decided to visit Yangshuo, a city close to Guilin, as the nature there was said to be very beautiful.So on Saturday morning we took the cruise ship to get to Yangshuo. The tour was during four hours and included a Western-Chinese lunch buffet. As the sun was shining we spent most of the time on top of the boat to enjoy the mountains surrounding us and to take pictures. It was a very enjoyable time. Arriving in Yangshuo, we nearly were overrun by elderly women offering bamboo boat tours, flowers or bike tours (Wo bu yao! means I dont want that!). ...
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari